Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Not So South Beach Diet

You read correctly.  After 3 days of phase 1 I am done.  What you read about deprivation diets is absolutely true.  After 2 days without carbs I was ready to rip open a bag of flour and just eat it straight up.  The good news it this will be a great transition into a normal and balanced diet.  The last few days have been pretty rough on my stomach though.  I wasn't able to make it to the gym do to the constant turning.  Once it settles down I will be back in and ready for punishment.  I do look forward to getting into better shape for riding my bike.  For some reason I have this grand idea of riding around and taking pictures.  I don't know why but the thought is very appealing to me.  There is just something awesome about being outside and seeing all the beauty that surrounds us everyday.  This world is full of so much wonder that we seem to never take the time to look at and enjoy.  I think that is something that has been missing in my life.  I have kept myself so busy that I never took the time to stop and look around me.  Even in my down time I would veg out in front of the TV and block everything out.  Luckily for me since I got the new camera I have been getting up more to go outside and take pictures.  Eventually people will get sick of seeing the sights around my house though so I will need to expand my horizons.  I have a few days off during the week coming up next month and I was thinking about taking some time to go downtown to take pictures.  It really sounds like it would be a fun way to learn and practice. 

This week I am going to get back to the gym and get this year of fitness started.  Although the South Beach Diet didn't go so well I have started eating better and actually feel like I have lost weight this week.  Combining better eating habits and exercise will help me to melt away the extra pounds.  My biggest goal this year is to drop at least 60 pounds.  That would put me at the weight I was when I first started dating my wife Jessica.  How awesome would that be?

I leave you with my favorite photo I took this week.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment