Monday, March 12, 2012

I can't hold it in anymore!

After some serious thought I have come to the conclusion that I can't hold the crazy in anymore.  The world seriously annoys the crap out of me and I am having a hard time handling it.  Thank God for the first three things in the title of this blog because they all hold the last thing together.  If I didn't have those three things I would just be filled with anger all the time.  The beautiful thing is that blogs exist as an outlet to let it all out.  So, not only will I be sharing my faith, fitness goals and pictures, but I will also be sharing a little bit of my worldview.  Now, it might get a scary at times and there is a very good chance you will not agree with the way I see things.  It's all good though, I scare myself sometimes.

The first issue I want to bring to everyone's attention is the role corporate BS plays in our lives.  Regardless of where you work or live you are up to your eyeballs in corporate BS.  Here is a prime example:  Have you ever gone through a drive through and been asked to pull ahead so they can bring your food to your car even though there is no one behind you?  Well, some big shot at the corporate office read a bunch of customer surveys that brought wait times in the drive through to his attention.  Rather than giving some in depth thought to the causes of this problem such as staffing or workflow processes that allow food to be made more efficiently and faster he decides to give each restaurant in the chain a time limit they absolutely must meet for each drive through visitor.  If you happen to be a manager of one of these restaurants you better meet this goal or you will be looking for a new job.  The manager in turn looks at the problem the same way as the corporate bigshot, why improve processes or increase staffing when you can come up with a way around the new time limit?  The end result is that the customer waits the same amount of time if not longer for their food with the added inconvenience of having to park somewhere else to wait for it.  The worst part of this whole scenario you ask?  Mr. corporate bigshot is hailed for his idea and eventually given a raise.  Mr. restaurant manager is hailed for his ability to meet the objective set in front of him and is promoted.  Mr. customer gets worse service while paying more money all because a bunch of idiots are in management positions without the ability to solve a simple problem.  The sad reality is that nearly all companies are run in this fashion.  Knee jerk reaction after knee jerk reaction that leads to customer frustration.  This is why I hate corporations.  We will end up going a little deeper into this topic in the future.

Luckily I have an escape from the world of corporate BS, I have muscles that need to pay for their crimes.  Working out has been going amazing.  I have dropped a pants size in the last couple of months and all of my shirts fit me better.  I am also becoming much stronger and my ego is being affected in a positive way.  I can sense the awesome of old coming back and it is good.  Crazy eyed Ellen has been working me like a champ.  Once she got to know me and see what I can do she started piling on the weight and kicking my butt like no business.  The whole time I am in the gym I smile like crazy because I know I am finally achieving the goal I have had for so long.  On top of working out, I have been watching what I eat.  Soda and I are no longer friends and only meet on rate occasions.  I have also been much better at bringing my lunch to work.  As the pounds melt away I can't help be feel incredibly good about myself.  There is a small part of me that wants to get out there and help people like me find that motivation to finally stop killing themselves.  It feels so good to care about myself for a change instead of feeling sorry for myself.

I haven't been able to take many pictures lately but I have been playing around with photoshop and am very pleased with the results.  I haven't been doing anything crazy, mostly just slight color changes and touch ups but I have really enjoyed getting into the post production part of photography.  I will leave with some pictures that I really like and hope you like too.

This is one of that walkways through the gardens at the Arizona Center.  I took this picture on my birthday and touched it up in Photoshop.  I really like the color in this photo.

This picture is of the fountain that is in front of the church I attend.  I was just out taking random pictures after service and really liked this shot afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment