Wednesday, April 25, 2012

40 Days In The Word and Running for my Goal

My wife and I have begun a bible study program through our church called 40 Days In The Word. The goal is to teach participants how to study The Bible more effectively and with more purpose. We are a few days in but already I am amazed how much more I am getting out of books that I have read several times before. It is true that The Bible is a living text and will mean different things to you at different times in your life. I am really looking forward to the next 35 days or so as I continue learning and applying the techniques taught in the program.

In exercise related news I have started to incorporate walking/running into my routine. There is a park about a quarter mile from my house that I walk to in the evening and then alternate running and walking around the park before finally walking back home. I was amazed how much better of a runner I am since I am in better shape. With all of the strength training I have done over the last 10 months my legs are much stronger than they were the last time I ran. The amazing thing is that I have much better awareness of my muscles now. When I run I can feel each individual muscle in my legs while they are working. It is pretty awesome. Although I have started slowly I plan on increasing my run distance over time to eventually run a 5k or longer. My current goal is to participate in Pat's Run next year. It is a 4.2 mile run in honor of Pat Tillman, a former ASU and Arizona Cardinals football player who joined the Army and was killed in combat. this years run was last weekend so I have a year to train for it.

I also found out this week that my trainer will be leaving at the end of May. I knew she would be leaving soon but I find myself a little sad since she has really fine tuned my workouts over the last few weeks and is starting to kick my butt hardcore. Hopefully my next trainer will be able to tune on and work me to the max. All in all I actually work myself very hard when I go in on my own so I shouldn't be phased by the change.

I haven't had much of an opportunity to take pictures over the last few weeks, things have been very busy. I am planning on going out this weekend to get some captures and if I get anything good I will make sure to shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment